Monday, July 5, 2010

Cute New Dress! ... Almost

I've started on a dress that I found a tutorial for on Max California's blog. If you haven't been over there, click that link right this second and go! She has a fabulous blog that every DIYer and every awesomely unconventional mama should look at.

The dress is coming along at a jerky pace, but it's getting there. For the record, I have never successfully sewn anything before. My mum is helping me on this one, but sewing is easier than I thought it would be. I've attempted to sew things before, but those turned out awful. We won't even mention the apron. With the dress, things are going fairly well. I've run into some problems and have had to rip out more than one set of stitches, but compared to the other disasters I've had with a sewing machine, it's downright magnificent. The fabric is a brand new magenta pin-striped sheet that I found yesterday at the thrift store. It has a dark purple border that I'm using as the hem of my dress (saves me some work!). The color is so offensively bright. I love it. Love it, love it, love it. I'll post some pictures of it once I've finished.

After this dress, the next project is a body form. Though, to be honest, the homemade ones kind of creep me out. But, alas, I don't have the money to shovel out for a brand new one so I'll have to make do with what I can. As I type this, a million other things that I'd like to do are exploding into my head. My next blog should be a to do list.

Thanks for reading! Until next time!


Miss Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment