Sunday, May 15, 2011

Omg, I finished a project!

I found a tutorial for this on Craftster not too long ago and decided that I was going to modify one of my own shirts right then and there. It was a really fast, really easy project and now I have an adorable bow sleeve shirt of my own! As much as I have gone my whole life, protesting the fact that I have any girly-girlness in me, this is a lie. I have a wretched obsession with bows and lace and various other frilly things that I can no longer deny. Yay, bows!

Check out the tutorial here. Try, seriously. It took me like fifteen or twenty minutes. Simple. In the tutorial, she bought a really inexpensive Old Navy long sleeve shirt. In my case, I used a really basic long sleeve shirt I bought at Forever 21 at the end of last year. I like the color but I was getting bored with it the way it was. It was in serious danger of being thrown out. Good thing I found this tutorial first! I do have to add here that, while I love my shirt, I may start over with a different shirt. The one in the tutorial looks like it's made of a little thicker fabric than the ridiculously flimsy jersey that mine is made out of. I say this simply because the bows look like they hold their shape better with thicker fabric. You could experiment. Just sayin'.

My bow-y t-shirt of awesome:









I took a picture of the full shirt without me wearing it, but it was silly. Boring. You would've died of boredom just by looking at it. I apologize for the quality of the pictures, but they were all self taken. No one to help me. Alas!

I just remembered today that I have three different jersey fabrics in my stack of ne'er-been-used and I have big plans for them. I've been wanting to try making panties ever since I saw a tutorial on Threadbanger. I originally intended to make mini-skirts out of this fabric, but I think now that I'm jazzed about panty-making that it would much better suit the purposes of evil! I mean, er, knickers. One excellent thing about going home is that my sewing machine that my step-father kindly gave me is there. Mwahaha! So much to do!

Later~

No comments:

Post a Comment